At ServiceMaster we pride our business on being known as one of the top cleaning businesses around. If you need something cleaned, rely on ServiceMaster to get the job done correctly and professionally each and every time. However, if you are just looking to get your house sparkly clean on your own, below are some great cleaning tips that I have found very useful over the years. And, the best part is, most of the supplies are common household items you may have already.
- Coffee Grounds – Place coffee grounds in a small bowl or container to eliminate odors in your fridge or freezer
- White Vinegar – This can be used to clean and deodorize your washing machine or dishwasher. Pour ½ cup in your appliance and run a full cycle.
- Bleach – Pour 1 cup of bleach down any drain in your home to eliminate odors
- Baking Soda – Use a sponge and baking soda to get rid of any dirt on vinyl or tile flooring
- Lemons – Citrus from the lemons can be used for cleaning and odor eliminating throughout your home.
- Salt – You can polish copper or other hard surfaces with salt to make them shine like new
- Mouthwash – Add a capful to a gallon of water to clean vinyl and tile flooring clean
- Baby oil – after cleaning your shower rub baby oil on the hard surface. This will help soap scum and dirt from collecting on the shower surfaces
Those were just a few helpful hints that are useful when cleaning your home. Nevertheless, don’t forget to call ServiceMaster if you need help with any small or large cleaning jobs.